Welcome, friends! I’m so happy to be a part of your tribe. I’ve been drinking non-dairy milk for years, and recently, I’ve noticed that many people are going nuts for it, too. But what’s the real deal with nut milk? What do you need to know about this trend? Let me give you a rundown of why nut milk might be the new trend in milk.
- 1 Reasons why nut milk is becoming a popular replacement for cow milk
- 2 Pros and cons of a nut milk diet
- 3 How to make homemade nut milk?
- 4 Conclusion
Reasons why nut milk is becoming a popular replacement for cow milk
- One reason nut milk has been growing in popularity is due to the invention of the new machine called the Nespresso. This machine grinds nuts and then blends them with water and other ingredients to give a creamy consistency.
- Another reason it has been popular is because it is so much better for you than cow’s milk. The main reason it is better for you than cow’s milk is because the nuts provide additional protein and are also rich in calcium. It contains no cholesterol , which makes it a healthy, dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk. People who are lactose intolerant and those that don’t consume dairy often enjoy it as well.
- Nut milks are much healthier than cow milk because they contain more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Plus, they are made from a much less hormone-laden source.
- The demand for nut milk has led to a huge variety of vegan options for people who don’t want to worry about dairy or meat products in their diet. You can find almond, cashew, coconut, hemp, and many other non-dairy options to choose from.
- Even though many people are moving towards nut milks, the dairy industry is not going to let up without a fight. They are currently working on developing milk products from nuts and other plants. For example, they are working on making almond milks from almonds and cashew milks from cashews.
- It’s safe. Aside from the plant-based milk being a more nutritious option, it’s also very safe to consume, especially for children who have allergies or autoimmune diseases that might be triggered by cow milk. It’s also a much better option for those on vegan diets because of its lack of cholesterol. Nut milk is also naturally gluten-free and dairy-free so they are much easier on the stomach than traditional dairy milk alternatives such as soy milk or almond milk.
- The demand for nut milk has grown rapidly over the last decade. In 2016, the market was valued at $240 million and is projected to increase to $1.7 billion by 2021. All the initial growth happened in the United States, but now consumers are looking for other options outside their country. This correlates with a rise in popularity of plant-based foods and seafood. The increased in demand for plant-based milk and the worldwide rise of veganism are two examples of how sustainability is becoming increasingly important.
Pros and cons of a nut milk diet
The market for dairy milk has been dwindling over the past few decades, which means it’s time to find a new beverage that will capture more consumers. Nut milk have risen in popularity, and they are all the rage right now. It’s not hard to see why.
These milk are free of cholesterol and lactose. They’re also made from plant materials instead of animals, which reduces their carbon footprint. Some people even claim them to be better for your waistline because they’re lower in sugar than dairy milk products. If you’re ready to dive into the world of nut milk, here are a few things to keep in mind before diving in.
1. Save money
Though nut milk is made from whole food ingredients, they aren’t necessarily better for you than dairy milk. As nuts contain omega-3 fats that may help lower cholesterol, their milk can be an option for those who don’t like milk. But, as a general rule of thumb, I recommend sticking with dairy milk products if you’re looking to consume more calcium and less saturated fats and cholesterol.
2. Becareful with some contaminated elements
You have to be careful when choosing your nut milk. While the nuts used in this milk are whole, they are still ground up and can potentially be contaminated with unhealthy elements. So, if you’re trying to stay healthy and choose nut milk that is certified organic you have to make sure that the nut milk you buy is something you can trust. I’ve personally purchased almond, cashew, and coconut milk from different grocery stores. I found that some were better than others.
3. Think about the nut milk maker
There is another option to consider while shopping for nut milk, which is to buy a nut milk maker. Most nut milk makers have a variety of different attachments that you can use to make all sorts of different nut milk including almond, cashew, and so on.
They are great for making large batches of nut milk at once. I have both a nut milk maker and a blender. The blender is great for making smaller amounts of nut milk like almond, cashew, and so on. The nut milk maker is great for making larger amounts of nut milk like cashew, almond, and so on.
When shopping for a nut milk maker, you want to make sure that it is a high-quality one. I highly recommend the Kuhn Rikon stainless steel nut milk maker. You can find it on Amazon.
There are many different types of nut milk makers on the market today. Be sure to research which one you would like to use. Here are a few that I currently have in my kitchen:
- Nut milk maker:This is a great choice for those who prefer not to use a blender. You can make different types of nut milks in this fantastic machine. This machine is made from stainless steel and will last a lifetime. You can make homemade almond milk, cashew milk, hazelnut milk and many more!
- There are different types of blades available for this machine, as well as a recipe book. The stainless steel nature of this machine means that the pulp doesn’t have to be strained into another container. You can enjoy all of the nutrients that come with each different type of nut milk, and you can do it at your convenience.
- If you are looking for a blender that can make nut milk then you should definitely consider this one. It’s great quality and will last a lifetime .
4. Consider health benefits and cost saving
When it comes to the health benefits, many people like the idea of nut milk because it’s healthier than regular milk. It can also be used in baking and cooking with great success. On the other hand, there are a lot of cons to switching from regular milk to nut milk. It can be more expensive, even more so if you find yourself buying all your ingredients for a new diet at once.
5. Good for health
There are a lot of benefits to drinking nut milk. It is more nutrient-rich than cow’s milk, tastier than soy milk, and more versatile as well. Studies have shown that people who drink nut milk have lower cholesterol levels and less risk for heart disease. However, people should remember that it is still not recommended for those with a soy allergy or gluten sensitivity.
How to make homemade nut milk?
Nut milk is a great alternative to dairy milk. They have less saturated fat and more antioxidants, which make them healthier for you. You can make your own nut milk at home!
For many people, the idea of drinking milk from nuts, soy, or other plant-based sources is ideal. The problem with cow’s milk, according to some people, is that it contains a large number of hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides. Luckily for those who don’t want to give up their dairy fix, there are many ways to make your own nut milk at home.
These days, nuts and seeds can be found in most places. You can find them at the grocery store or even your local health food store. They are high in protein, fiber, and minerals. So what is an easy way to make your own homemade nut milk?
- First, you need to find nuts and seeds that are free of pesticides, which can be pretty difficult. This is especially true when you want to make a nut milk that is free of soy. Even organic brands can be contaminated. However, it is possible to buy organic nuts and seeds, which are still free of pesticides.
- Next, you need to start off with raw nuts (like almonds and cashews). These two nuts have a fairly high oil content and can be soaked longer and harder than other nuts. You will want to soak them in a ratio of one cup of water for every two cups of nuts.
- Once you have soaked the nuts for about 12 hours, you can easily strain multiple times with a nut milk bag. Be sure to let the nuts drain out of the bag thoroughly and then throw them in the refrigerator. The strainer removes most of the remaining debris, but if you find that some of the nuts are still stuck, you can use a cheesecloth in place of a nut milk bag.
- Now that you have your nuts ready, you can start to make the actual nut milk. Be sure to use a nut milk bag or a piece of cheese cloth to strain the milk. You can use your own homemade nut milk bag to strain the milk, but if you don’t have one, there are a lot of different varieties online, so you can easily find one designed for making nut milk.
- Before straining the milk, you want to heat it up in order to break down the nuts and make it easier to strain. This will also help kill any harmful bacteria in the milk so that you don ‘t get that nasty “nutty” smell and taste. If you don’t want to heat the milk, then you can also just strain through a cheese cloth.
- Store the milk in a glass jar. You can leave it to cool completely, but if you want to drink it immediately, you can put it in the fridge.
- Once the milk has chilled, then it’s time to strain it. Either strain it through a cheesecloth or if you don ‘t want to use any cheesecloth, then just pour it into a bowl and strain it through the edges of the bowl into another bowl. You can also pour it into a funnel and strain it through the funnel.
- Then, after you have strained it, then you need to measure out the amount of milk you will use. I always use a measuring jug, but if you don’t have one, then a glass will do. Just measure out the amount of milk you need and put it back into the fridge. Then, whenever you are ready to make your cupcakes, just pour the milk into a jug and add 1 cup of water and heat it up in the microwave.
- You’re ready to go!You can add food coloring, vanilla essence or flavoring to the milk mixture. I use a tiny amount of vanilla essence, but it can be quite strong. I also add a tiny bit of food coloring to the milk mixture and this helps with the swirl effect. You can use the same color if you want to make your icing red. But I use pink coloring because my daughter is a girl (hence the pink frosting ).
- How many cupcakes will you need? Well, this depends on the amount of batter you use. Using my recipe it makes about 3 dozen cup cakes. 3 1/2 cups of batter with a 9″ pan will fill approximately 10 cupcakes (for the 12 cupcake size).That’s all there is to it.
- A wonderful treat for the holidays or any time of year that you want a special treat to enjoy with your family and friends.
Nut milk is a new trend and is rapidly becoming popular for its taste, health benefits, and low cost. In addition to being a healthier option, nut milk are also environmental-friendly. They are made from non-GMO ingredients, are vegan friendly (no dairy), and you can avoid the use of pesticides and chemicals that need to be used in conventional farming.